Does anyone else remember the days of “What’s in My Purse?” videos on YouTube? I have no idea why, but these were always so fascinating to watch. I have never really been one to carry around a full purse, I usually just have my wallet or a small cross-body. But, last semester I had an internship and I was bringing a full bag to work each day.
I’ve now transitioned to a full-time employee with the same company, and I still carry the same bag. I thought it would be fun to show you all what I bring to work, and provide you with some ideas if you’re interning! Currently, I use a Vera Bradley bag from middle school, but I’ve been eyeing a Kate Spade tote bag. Maybe I’ll make the splurge now that it’s post-graduation?
Before starting my internship, I had no idea what I would need to bring to work each day. Now that I’ve completed my internship, I have a much better idea. Some of these things are obvious, but I figured it could still be helpful!
- Water bottle: Staying hydrated is super important to me, and I aim to drink about a gallon a day.
- Agenda: My planner is my key to staying organized and on top of work, blogging, and social activities.
- Snack/Lunch: I work two full days and one half day a week. As someone who eats a lot on the go, having healthy snacks in my bag is a must.
- Touch-up makeup: Looking presentable at work is important to me because it is a professional office. I always have concealer/powder on hand to touch up my makeup, as needed, and also lip gloss to add an extra pop of color.
- Dry shampoo: On the same lines of looking presentable, I have dry shampoo in case my hair gets oily. I also have bobby pins to keep my hair out of my face.
- Phone charger: My iPhone 6’s battery life is utterly awful. There is no way it will make it through a whole work day, so I make sure to always have a charger with me.
- Tissues: An old building + poor air circulation = crazy allergies for me. Tissues are non-negotiable.
- Hand sanitizer: To clean my hands after sneezing, or before eating. Anti-bac wipes are also nice if you share a desk!
- Ibuprofen: Hours of looking at the computer can result in serious headaches.
- Floss: I am one of those people that carries around floss in their purse, but it is handy post lunch!
- Band-aids: Work shoes are not nice to my feet, so these are necessary to prevent blisters.
- Lint Roller: This was something I didn’t think I’d need, but it is definitely necessary for dress pants.
What do you carry around in your purse or work bag? What are your work day essentials? Let me know in the comments!