Today is my last first day of classes (ever?!), which is so crazy to think about. As I mentioned in my 2016 reflection post, I am not a “new year, new me” type of person. But I do obviously believe in goal setting, so I use the new year as an excuse to determine the things I truly want to work on and change from the previous years. In the other post I mentioned the general areas I am focusing on, and today I’m going to share specific goals. You might notice that some of the goals I have selected for this year are semi-fluid, which is no surprise considering how much change this year can potentially bring.
- Find a job: considering I’m graduating in a few short months, now is the time to put the job search as my first priority. I know millennials are expected to change positions/careers rather frequently, so I honestly considering positions in a multitude of fields.
- Wake up to my first alarm in the morning: I have the worst habit of sleeping until the last possible second in the morning, which results in me rushing through my entire morning routine. I would much rather wake up calm and have time to actually prepare for my day.
- Meal plan for healthier eating: I mentioned earlier in my 2016 post, that physical health was one of my focus areas for 2017. One way I plan to live a healthier lifestyle, and cut down on food waste, would be by actually planning out my meals.
- Stop leaving clothes on my floor: I would like to consider myself a generally organized person, but one of my main issues would be leaving clothes on my floor. It drives me crazy to have to pick them up at the end of the week, so I’m hoping to start putting all of my clothes away everyday.
- Post daily on Instagram: I started posting daily on Jan 3rd, and it has kind of stuck with me. I’m not sure how long I will continue, but for right now it has become my social media area of focus. I think it is really fun to look back on the pictures and reflect!
- Publish two blog posts a week: I know that this has been a goal in the past that did not work out, but this year I am committed to making it stick. In the past, I was not as organized or dedicated when it came to blogging, but I am excited to have blogging as one of my main priorities this year.
I’m definitely feeling refreshed and ready for whatever 2017 plans to throw at me! What are you focusing on this year?