Wow, I am officially a college graduate! On May 7th, I graduated from Ohio State, and I can finally say I have a Bachelor’s degree. For the first time in my memorable life, I don’t have immediate plans regarding school. This means I have a lot more time on my hands, and I want to use it appropriately. For this reason, I am setting new goals for 2017 to help me navigate my after graduation life.
- Make a budget: now that I have a (more stable) income, I want to make sure I am making good decisions now for my financial future. I intend to reduce my financial-related anxiety by maintaining a budget.
- Start meal planning: now that I have time to eat properly prepare dinner, I want to start planning my meals, and being mindful of the food I am putting into my body. I also want to save money by eating out less.
- Clean out my closet: In an effort to build my professional and twenty-something wardrobe, I think it is time to part with some of my high school/early college outfits. The lease for my college apartment ends this summer, and I see it as an ample opportunity to purge my closet and donate the clothing I no longer need.
- Read: throughout elementary and high school I was an avid reader. Unfortunately, due to time constraints in college, I stopped leisurely reading. I’d like to start again, and my modest goal is to read 2-3 books per month.
- Blog: I am not sure how exactly I will rebrand my blog for my newly-graduated life, but I would like to take it with me on the adventure. I think I’ll post the rest of my college related drafts through the summer, and then switch the focus of my blog in the fall.
I hope you’re as excited for this journey as I am! Stay tuned!