One of my 2017 resolutions was to explore the city of Columbus more. I have now lived here for approximately 4 years, and I still don’t know THAT much about it. One of the ways I am fulfilling my resolution is by attending more Columbus holiday themed events.
Here is my “winter to-do list” including local holiday activities. Even though these events are based in Columbus, I am sure you can find holiday activities in your area!
- Visit the Franklin Park Conservatory’s Gardens Aglow Event
- Explore Columbus in the snow & take pictures, obviously (completed on 12/09/17!)
- Make Christmas/holiday cards (completed: future blog post coming soon!)
- Participate in a Secret Santa exchange (completed: reveal post coming 12/25!)
- Volunteer – since graduating, I’ve found it harder to find volunteering opportunities. I’m definitely making it a priority to give back this holiday season
- Bake Christmas cookies and other desserts – this is more of a family tradition with my sisters, and I plan to bake this weekend when I am home for Christmas!
- Look at the lights decorating Columbus Commons – this is a Columbus park that is decorated for the holiday season
- Watch Christmas movies all day – maybe not all day, but I would like to watch a few in a row! My personal favorites are “A Christmas Story” and “The Polar Express”
As you can see, I’ve already crossed off a few of these, and still have a few more to go. This winter in particular has been strange for me because it is my first year out of school. It feels very weird to not have an actual break for the holidays, but I guess that is how the real world operates! Nonetheless, I am excited to spend a holiday weekend with family & friends.